On King’s Day follow the instructions on the digital road signs. They will guide you to the Park + Ride locations and car parks. At these P+R locations busses are available to transport you to the city centre.
On April 26th and April 27th 2018 there are a number of no-parking zones in the city of Groningen.
Limited accessibility of car parks in city centre
Because of traffic measures on Thursday April 26th and Friday April 27th 2018 some car parks in the city centre of Groningen are not accessible at certain times. Also see: Map 2 – traffic measures cars and motor bikes
Car parks that are temporarily inaccessible:
- Centrum (Pelsterstraat): Thursday April 26th, 7 pm until Friday April 27th, midnight
- Provinciehuis (Sint Jansstraat): Thursday April 26th, 7 pm until Friday April 27th, midnight
- Bios (Pathé-cinema/Ruiterstraat): Friday April 27th, 6 am – 2 pm
- Museum (Herepoortenmolendrift): Friday April 27th, 6 am – 2 pm
- Rademarkt (Rademarkt): Friday April 27th, 6 am – 2 pm
It is possible to leave these car parks driving your car or motor bike.
Other car parks in the city of Groningen will be open as usual, both on Thursday April 26th and Friday April 27th 2018.